Monday, January 6, 2014

Orly Galaxy FX Collection Swatches (picture heavy!)

Hi guys!  So it turns out Orly is on sale at Ulta: their entire stock is $4.99 each, and some are marked down further.  If you don't have an Ulta near you though don't worry, because Sally Beauty Supply has an even better deal going on: all Orly polishes are BOGO free.  In other words: it's time to go treat yourself to some Orlys!  I picked up the Galaxy FX collection and let me tell you: I am in love.  Let's jump right in, shall we?
Orly Galaxy FX Collection

 First off, we have Intergalactic Space: a beautiful black jelly with bronze and fuchsia normal sized glitter, small lavender micro-glitter and some scattered (I had to fish a bit for the four you see here)large white sequins. I am wearing three coats topped off with one coat of Seche Vite for all photos. 
Orly Intergalactic Space


Isn't this shade just gorgeous? There is something magical about the fuchsia/copper combo.. I think that is the color magic sparks would be if the human eye could perceive them.

Moving on, this next one is Milky Way, a pale Cinderella blue jelly base with normal sized bronze, baby blue small square glitter and large silver hex. I am wearing three coats for all photos under a thick coat of Seche Vite.
Orly Milky Way
 
I am a little confused by the combo here, I don't think the milky base is very flattering to the bronze, it makes it look like a "meh" orange.
I liked this shade too, but I am not crazy about it.

Next up is Gravity Bound, a deep blue jelly base with small glitter in blue, medium in purple and large white glitter as well. I am wearing three coats under a coat of Seche Vite for all photos.

Orly Gravity Bound
 

This was the surprise pretty of the collection, I would have skipped it had it not been technically free.


The white glitter was scattered but surprisingly showed up consistently during application.  It reminds me of snow... I think, I have only seen snow twice!

We have Star Trooper next: a black jelly base with large gold and white glitter, along with some small white, and some gold micro-glitter.

Orly Star Trooper
 
This was actually my favorite of the pack, can you see that depth?!
  Up next comes Starburst, awhite jelly base with bronze, red and orange glitter.

Orly Starburst
 
The application for Starburst was surprisingly awesome, it was looking stellar and even by the second coat, although I decided to wear three for good measure.
Isn't it pretty?  I am hungry for some eggs and tomato sauce for some reason... hmmm...


... and last but not least, we have Black Hole: a black jelly with hexagonal red (small) and white (large) glitter, spiced up with some blue bar glitter.
Orly Black Hole
See the bars on my ring finger?  That is the only problem I have with this polish.
After uploading these photos I noticed it was still there, despite my "focusing" on not letting the bar glitter hang off the edge of my nails.  I guess that is the problem I have with bars in general though.  Now keep in mind I just chopped off my nails, so it may be my sloppy application that generated the problem to begin with!
The first thought that crossed my mind when I saw this polish was:" 'Murica! " :) It feels like the perfect Independence Day polish, I have a few contenders though! Anyways, I am wearing three coats for all photos, topped off with two coats of Seche Vite.

So, what do you guys think?  I had been wanting to do a multiple-feature post, but wasn't sure how to go about it.  I liked these little guys so much though I couldn't choose a favorite and boom!  Here we are.  Which one is your favorite?

-Yadi

17 comments:

  1. I love Intergalactic Space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It is super pretty, the pictures do not do it justice! :)

      Delete
  2. I was so excited to see these. I went to the Sally Beauty I was closest to last night and they had ONE BOTTLE left so I was able to get Star Trooper, which is much different than the colors I usually go for. I was just so excited to call another location and find out they had Milky Way in stock-thank you for this post I would never have seen these awesome colors otherwise and known to look for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you found them, good thing I didn't wait until the weekend for this post then eh? LOL! Sounds like a couple more days and you would have missed it, and this would have to be a terrible collection to miss out on! Thanks for stopping by, makes my day to know my obsession can be helpful! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely swatches! Hello! I found your blog while googling for these polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nathalie, thank you for subscribing and welcome! This is sure to be one of my (if not THE) favorite collections for the year! :)

      Delete
  4. I think the first and the last one would be my favourites, but I guess I would be more sure if I was wearing them on my own nails. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how that goes, sometimes you just have to try them on! The first one is definitely my favorite too, but that last one is perfect for 4th of July which is around the corner! Thank you <3

      Delete
  5. They are awfully expensive in my country... Have to think about them... Your swatches will be helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy they can be useful! It's a shame they are expensive, we really are spoiled over here with the prices and sales.

      Delete
    2. What country are you from?
      I've ordered the first one, the white sequins remind me of the moon :)

      Delete
    3. Nice, It's my favorite now too lol, I love that one! I live in the USA. :)

      Delete
    4. No wonder you have them cheaper ;)

      Delete
  6. I had 1 of these I bought a month ago. I saw the other 5 today when I went to Sally Beauty Supply. They and them clearance for $3.99. And the. There clearance items were 50% off. And then I had a 15% off coupon. So I got each bottle for $1.69. I couldn't pass up getting the rest of the 5 to complete my collection. I will most likely be wearing Black Hole first, since the Fourth of July is this week. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wohooo, that price is unbeatable, hands down! This is one of my favorite collections of all time too, lucky for you they had all for the price of one basically :) I went a little bananas with the extra 50% off too, I pretty much picked up the rest of the Gwen Stephanie OPI collection! Now I just need to narrow down what I will actually wear for the Fourth of July, Black Hole is up there for me too!

      Delete
  7. I've been staring at Your swatches for a long time and I finally did it! I bought 2 of them :) black hole and star trooper. but I'm from Poland and prices of these polishes are ridiculously high here... they're for about $13 each... I paid $9 for a bottle and I'm so happy cause of that. isn't it funny? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zu, thank you for stopping by! My father-in-law is from Poland :) I am glad you caught them on sale, that kind of stuff totally makes my day too, lol. Star Trooper was my favorite!!

      Delete